I will upload a file and what is needed is mentioned on the fie that will be uploaded
the purpose of this assignment is to assess your understanding of the role of ethics and the rules of professional conduct on the audit process.
the focus should be on applying the principles and rules to accountants and auditors especially in relation to the rules of professional conduct
to demonstrate in depth analysis with respect to ethical principles and the rules of professional conduct, the following should been done for at least 2 of each: 1- identify the ethical principle or rule of professional conduct that was violated. 2- briefly describe what the principle or rule means and 3- explain the violation
Lesson 2 Assignment – Accounting/Auditing Scandal Part #1
(Worth 10% of your final grade)
The purpose of this assignment is to assess your understanding of the impact of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Canadian and International quality control standards as well as the Canadian Public Accountability Board on the audit process to help ensure the delivery of high quality audits.
Note that this is part #1 of a 2-part assignment; the work performed in this part will be integral to the completion of part #2 (which will be worth an additional 5% of your final grade). Part #2 cannot be submitted if you have not completed part #1.
Part #1 of this assignment is to research and write a paper in your own words about an accounting/auditing scandal of your choice.
In your paper, using your own words, specifically discuss the following topics:
- A brief history of the company (i.e., what were the company’s operations).
- A brief analysis of the company’s downfall.
- Who was responsible for the company’s downfall and what accounting issues/falsifications did he/she/they commit?
- Who were the company’s external auditors? Did they notify the public of the fraudulent activities? Were or are the auditors being sued as a result of the scandal?
- What happened to the individuals responsible for the accounting scandal? Were charges laid? Did they go to jail? If not, why not?
- How did the introduction of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act affect the outcome? If the outcome has not been decided yet then put forward how you believe that SOX will affect it.
- How did the introduction of Canadian and International quality control standards as well as the Canadian Public Accountability Board affect the outcome? If the outcome has not been decided yet then put forward how you believe that Canadian and International quality control standards as well as the Canadian Public Accountability Board will affect it.
Your paper must be:
- Between 1,000 and 1,200 words. You will lose 1% for every 10 words over this limit.
- It must be double-spaced and the font must be Calibri 12. You will lose 25% of your mark if it is not.
- Properly referenced using APA standards. See the course information tab in the Bb site for reference to the APA standards.
- Submitted using the Assignment section of Blackboard. No email assignments will be accepted.
The following should also be considered:
ü To obtain full marks for your references, please ensure that you use a number of different sources – not just Wikipedia.org.
ü Late submissions will not be accepted. This assignment must be submitted through the assignment section of Blackboard.
ü Each student must do their own work and reference all his/her sources of information appropriately.
ü Students are reminded of the college policy on plagiarism and the consequences of not following the policy.