The purpose of this assignment is to learn about the coefficient of determination (R2) statistic as a measure of the fit of a regression line.
R2 is a statistical measure of how close the data are to a fitted regression line. In general, the higher the R2, the better the model fits your data. However, while R2measures goodness of fit, it does not indicate whether a regression model is adequate. You can have a low R2 value for a good model or a high R2 value for a model that does not fit the data.
Research about R2.On the basis of your research and your involvement in public health functions, respond to the following:
- Find and state a definition of R2 that you feel is easy to understand.
- In your own words, provide a substantive explanation of what R2 represents.
- Explain what the statistic R2 is used for in regression analysis.
- Explain how R2 is affected by sample size.
- Describe whether a large R2 value means that a regression is significant. Provide reasons for your answer.
- Describe how you would substantively interpret R2.
Do NOT write in essay form. Just answer each question and please use references from the internet