A curriculum guide is a how-to guide of practical ideas for teaching that is written in a convenient format as teaching notes for use in the future by either you or your colleagues. The guide includes:
- Steps for achieving specific objectives
- Principles governing behavior, or descriptions of effective teaching strategies, interventions, and accommodations that special educators can use in their classrooms.
- Title of the strategy or principle
- Explanation of its educational purpose (goal or objective)
- Task analysis of teacher and student activities
- Student assessment procedures
In 1,250-1,500-words, develop a curriculum guide for spoken language and word recognition that addresses the following:
- Grading criteria that accurately, thoroughly, and clearly guides the reader in the implementation and application of the strategies you have designed. This should be usable by any of the teachers in the school.
- Be in a format that provides you and your professional colleagues with practical information necessary for effective teaching of students with learning disabilities.
- Include a minimum of three references.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.