You can get a similar paper by ordering from us
Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
An important task for modern operating systems is the ability to communicate and work with other systems. You will discuss your thoughts on the need for network operating systems in this Discussion Board. Provide your thoughts on the following questions:
- Why are networks needed—why not simply use a single machine?
- Is the term client–server out of date even though the concept is still needed?
- How will your organization utilize a client–server environment?
- Will your organization need to only utilize (or standardize on) a single operating system, or will multiple operating systems be needed?
Health Care HQ has a client–server network architecture. The chief information officer (CIO) wants to understand the difference between a client–server and a peer-to-peer network. She also wants to know why she should choose one over the other. You have been asked to provide a document that discusses the networks at Health Care HQ.
Comprehensive Analysis and Review
In a document of 2–3 pages, you will provide the following:
- Explain a peer-to-peer network verses a client–server network. Because your system is strictly Windows, your document should concentrate on the networking features of Windows Server (e.g., file sharing, print sharing, user administration, application server, Dynamic host configuration protocol [DHCP], domain name system [DNS], and backing up data).
- Include a recommendation about which Microsoft server Health Care HQ should use (i.e., Windows 2008 or Windows 2012), and explain your choice.