A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, 4th Ed. (2008) Chapters 1, 2, 3 and 9.
Kerzner. (2009) Project Management: A Systems Approach to Planning, Scheduling, and Controlling. Chapter 3
Answer the following four essay questions based on the above reading and support from other references (at least 2 more references for each question)
1. Describe the interface of the project manager and functional manager. Describe where you believe your organization/projectis in this cycle.
2. Describe the followingorganizational types and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of eachtype:Traditional (classical) Organization, Pure Product (projectized)Organization, Matrix Organization, and Strategic Business Unit (SBU)
3. Describe what you feel would be yourgreatest challenges in managing a team that was not collocated.
4. How could each of the followingparameters influence your choice for an organizational structure? Explain youranswers in as much depth as possible.
– project cost
– project schedule
– project duration
– technology requirements
– geographical locations
– required working relationships with the customer
– required working relationships within the company