In this assignment, you will describe and analyze the various aspects of the methodology of one of the following quantitative research articles:
- This article describes research that used an experimental approach: Okimoto and Heilman’s 2012 article, “The ‘Bad Parent’ Assumption: How Gender Stereotypes Affect Reactions to Working Mothers,” from Journal of Social Issues, volume 68, issue 4, pages 704–724.
- This article describes research that used a quasi-experimental approach: Kossek, Roberts, Fisher, and DeMarr’s 1998 article, “Career Self-Management: A Quasi-Experimental Assessment of the Effects of a Training Intervention,” from Personnel Psychology, volume 51, issue 4, pages 935–962.
- This article describes research that used a nonexperimental approach: Torok, Darke, and Kaye’s 2012 article, “Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Severity of Substance Use: The Role of Comorbid Psychopathology,” from Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, volume 26, issue 4, pages 974–979.
You will discuss the methodology and design of the research, and evaluate how well it answered the research questions. You will also specifically describe and analyze the sample, sampling procedures, instrumentation, data collection, and data analysis.
Use the Quantitative Methodology Design Template document found in the Resources section for this assignment. You are required to complete the following:
- Use the research study you selected from the three listed in assignment preparation. Note: Do not use the same research study you used for the Quantitative Methodology discussion.
- Complete all sections of the template with the information requested.
- Use professional, academic writing skills and proper APA (6th edition) style citations and references. You should state information in your own words. However, if you find it necessary to use material verbatim from another source, it must be quoted with an appropriate citation.
APA style and formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Length: 5–7 double-spaced, typed pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
Refer to the Criteria to make sure you meet the requirements of this assignment. Submit your completed template in the assignment area.
Describe the methodology, approach and design, and evaluate whether they were appropriate to answer the research question or questions.
Describe the sample and the sampling procedures, and evaluate whether they are appropriate for the methodology and approach.
Describe the data collection procedures and instruments (quantitative) or guiding interview questions (qualitative), and evaluate whether they are appropriate for the methodology and approach.
Describe the data analysis procedures, and evaluate whether they are appropriate for the methodology and approach.
Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the psychological professions, and adhere to APA style and formatting.