Unit IV Research Paper Draft 1
The purpose of Draft 1 is to build upon the Annotated Bibliography and to move forward in drafting your final Research Paper.
In this assignment, you will build upon the summaries that you did for the Annotated Bibliography for Unit III. Unlike the Annotated Bibliography, however, the Draft 1 of your Research Paper is more than just a summary of sources. Instead, it is a conversation between sources wherein the student author places his or her sources into a conversation about topics surrounding the issue. You will need to review at least five academic sources for this assignment. You are not restricted to the sources used in the Annotated Bibliography, but that would be a good place to start. The length of the draft should be between 3-5 pages, not including the cover page or references page.
Review of literature:
Below are techniques for writing a review of literature.
• Consider the topics that your sources cover. Then make a list of those topics. Cluster the topics together, and decide which sources speak to the same concerns.
• Decide which sources speak to the same issues, and decide which material from those sources that you will include.
• When sources discuss the same topic but do not agree, you should still include them in the same paragraph if you would like. There is nothing that says that two sources that disagree cannot be presented in the same paragraph.
Avoid the following in a review of literature.
• Do not comment on the sources. Your job here is to present the material only, not to give your take on what is has to say.
• Do not include your argument. You do not want to argue in the review of literature because you are reviewing the literature, not asserting your argument. You will be able to argue for your position later in the paper.
• Do not just insert the summary paragraphs from your Annotated Bibliography. The review of literature is far more than just a list of paragraphs summarizing sources.
• Do not forget to cite your sources in text and to include a references page
for the 4th page just use that as a reference page